March 2017- Present; New York, New York
- Generate ideas for and write 500-1000 word originally reported stories monthly on fashion, beauty and design for Forbes luxury section which have garnered over 150,000 unique views across all stories as of January, 2018.
- Parse dozens of unsolicited pitch emails a day for potential stories and work with public relations personnel to coordinate coverage.
- Interview entrepreneurs and distinguished people like supermodel Tyra Banks and Creative Director of Interview magazine Fabien Baron.
- Produce book reviews and product reviews spanning tech, beauty, lifestyle items and architecture.
- Report on viral stories such as Marchesa releasing its pre-fall 2018 collection and Tiffany’s Blue Box café and cover cultural and fashion events like New York Fashion Week.
Associate Editor at Auto Finance News
January 2017- Present; New York, New York
- Produce 1-2 originally reported stories a day of 500-700 words each, focusing on auto finance from companies in the industry like Uber, GM Financial, Tesla and Ford Motor Credit.
- Manage monthly Twitter chat sessions with followers and measure follower engagement.
- Connect with industry leaders and executives, such as Karl Iagnemma of nuTonomy, for exclusive interviews and news.
- Generate ideas for and write an originally reported, 900-1200 word story for a monthly digital magazine, in additional to a 300-word “CarCulture” piece featuring a new vehicle, and a roundup of innovative financing stories.
- Write 1-2 pieces a week for weekly newsletter on exclusive industry news.
- Attend auto finance conferences for coverage throughout the year, in addition to moderating sessions at the Auto Finance Summit in Las Vegas.
Technology Editorial Intern at Forbes Magazine
June 2016- November 2016 (6 months); New York, New York
- Wrote for Forbes.com with a focus on art entrepreneurs, lifestyle technology and social media for technology section.
- Brainstormed, researched, wrote and edited original stories on WordPress blog http://www.forbes.com/sites/emmasandler/ including on L’Oreal, Google and Cirque du Soleil.
- Managed and maintained site quality and content by flagging issues, improving headlines for clarity and style, adding appropriate tags to stories and adding photos and videos to articles.
- Conducted product reviews of phone accessories, glasses and digital devices.
- Worked in concert with staff editors, writers and producers to cover the news in real-time.
Science & Lifestyle Intern at ChicagoInno
January 2016 - March 2016; Chicago, Illinois
- Wrote 500 to 1,000 word articles for website with more than 150,000 unique monthly visitors.
- Pitched story ideas and researched art, entrepreneurship and technology for each article.
- Utilized TweetDeck and SEO websites to promote articles on Wordpress format.
Arts & Living Contributing Writer at The Daily Hampshire Gazette
September 2014 – December 2015 (4 months) Northampton, Massachusetts
- Interviewed individuals from Hampshire County area.
- Transcribed interviews for my own stories.
- Wrote 600 to 1,000 words pieces on a weekly basis.
- Utilized AP Style in published work.
- Worked closely with my editor to compose and improve written work.
- Wrote 'Keeping Tabs' pieces, which are 100-200-word briefs on events within Hampshire County.
Technology Columnist at The Daily Collegian
September 2014 – April 2015 (8 months) Amherst, Massachusetts
- Wrote 500 to 1,000-word article for paper with a circulation of 7,000.
- Researched consumer technology for articles.
- Interpreted trend forecasts on consumer technology.
- Developed my own stories as well as twitter handle and preview caption.
Office Assistant at Journalism Department at University of Massachusetts Amherst
January 2013 – June 2015 (1 year 9 months) Amherst, Massachusetts
- Assisted professors in various tasks
- Acted as a liaison between departments and offices
- Assisted students with digital equipment
Fashion Closet Intern at Marie Claire
June 2014 – August 2014 (3 months) New York, New York
- Collected and inventorying clothing samples and accessories
- Organized look-books for Creative Director Nina Garcia
- Packed clothing and accessories for fashion shoots
- Transcribed interviews for Jessica Minkoff and Jonathan Borge